This week's episode is part 2 of the Back on My Feet interviews - this time, with one of Back on My Feet's alumni members - and 2 time half marathoner - Bomani Perkins. In this episode we talk about what brought Bo to Back on My Feet, why he thinks the organization is so special, and what he's learned about life through running.
Back on My Feet is a national nonprofit focused on combating homelessness through the power of running, community support and essential employment and housing resources. When today's guest, Bo, first heard about Back on My Feet his primary interest in joining the group was to get himself a new pair of sneakers.....nearly a year and a half later he's finished 2 half marathons, gained employment and independent housing, and is now a role model for others.
In this episode you'll hear:
- How Bomani first learned about Back on My Feet
- Why he feels Back on My Feet's mission is so important, and what he's gained by being a part of the team
- The benefits of Back on My Feet he's found most helpful
- Why everyone should have a life coach!
- What he'd tell someone who is looking to make a change in their life and doesn't know where to start
To learn more: